anime for kids?

what are you saying when people are saying that anime is for kids?
i am a anime fan maybe not a huge anime fan but i like it :D

Mir Ghafor said:
what are you saying when people are saying that anime is for kids?
i am a anime fan maybe not a huge anime fan but i like it :D

I'll juz ask them to watch 'proper' anime's and then judge them, instead of saying that anime is for kids after watching shounen anime's like Dragon Ball, Pokemon, etc, which are good, but not as good as Death Note, Code Geass, etc, in my opinion.................

I think people who say this simply do not appreciate anime as an art. Spirited Away is a great example to use in this matter. So much work is put into designing both art AND storyline in anime and people who say that they are just for kids (unfortunately for them) are not able to enjoy them.

Because of Anime shows like Pokemon, Digimon, and some of the Kittie versions of Gundam.

Just about anyone I've talked to always refer anime to Pokemon. I have to say, Pokemon has become the unofficial face for anime in America.

Has any of you seen the movie Slither?

In the movie, the girl claims she has a Japanese friend who paints her nails. The father than cracks a joke about Pokemon.

I have begun to feel that people associating Pokemon wise cracks with Japanese culture comes off as a racial stereotype to me. I am not offended, but I do grow tired of some people's blatant ignorance and biased opinions on such things.

i am looking for anime for my nephew and these were recommendations.
1. pokemon
2. shin chan
3. doraemon
4. beyblade

When ever I hear people say anime is for kids I always compare it to stuff outside of japan, let me explain. Anime is just animated manga and manga is just Japanese comics in american they have comics and comics get adapted into movies, mainly super hero ones and a lot of books too so the only thing that is different between the two is that one is animated and one is not. So it really depends on what the series is about and not weather it is animated or not.

Risk said:
When ever I hear people say anime is for kids I always compare it to stuff outside of japan, let me explain. Anime is just animated manga and manga is just Japanese comics in american they have comics and comics get adapted into movies, mainly super hero ones and a lot of books too so the only thing that is different between the two is that one is animated and one is not. So it really depends on what the series is about and not weather it is animated or not.

i completely missed the context. i am sorry and i get pissed off when people say it's for kids. even comics are just read by adults

I have had a few people say that and then I just tell them to watch Code Geass, Death Note and Hellsing Ultimate. Opinions change quickly.

some people consider code geass is for kids. it's a good anime but it gets looked down here in my circle and even now i can't figure out why

Back