Anime characters who fell from grace

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Do you guys know anyone who fits this bill?
I don't really recall anyone from any of the anime, I have watched so far.

Gohan i think.. portrayed as one of the strongest characters in his younger years only to be made into a softy

Asuna in the first two seasons of SAO. She went from kind of badass to a damsel in distress, and then was Kirito’s trophy waifu.

Idk if they fixed her in Alicization, but that was disappointing to see.

[quote="Grungie" pid='263810' dateline='1631535001']
Asuna in the first two seasons of SAO. She went from kind of badass to a damsel in distress, and then was Kirito’s trophy waifu.

Idk if they fixed her in Alicization, but that was disappointing to see.
[/quote]

o_O
All the female characters got great opening lines/scenes but after a while, their development gets stuck for some unknown reason :sigh:

Claraviolet said:
o_O
All the female characters got great opening lines/scenes but after a while, their development gets stuck for some unknown reason :sigh:

Well you do exclusively watch anime targeted at teenage boys that also focus on primarily male protagonists.

Grungie said:
Well you do exclusively watch anime targeted at teenage boys that also focus on primarily male protagonists.

Uh...I don't like romance in general.
It's kinda boring for me and without that, there aren't many anime genres out there (_ _)/

[quote="Claraviolet" pid='264024' dateline='1631983057']

Uh...I don't like romance in general.
It's kinda boring for me and without that, there aren't many anime genres out there (_ _)/
[/quote]

I mean, there’s thousands of genres that aren’t just action and romance. Also there are action shows that aren’t catered to the shonen demographic.

Your problem is that you’re basically stuck in shonen territory, (which translates to young boy in Japanese), so you’re watching shows that aren’t targeted at your demographic and you’re regularly complaining about it not catering to your demographic.

[quote="Grungie" pid='264025' dateline='1631989580']

I mean, there’s thousands of genres that aren’t just action and romance. Also there are action shows that aren’t catered to the shonen demographic.

Your problem is that you’re basically stuck in shonen territory, (which translates to young boy in Japanese), so you’re watching shows that aren’t targeted at your demographic and you’re regularly complaining about it not catering to your demographic.
[/quote]

Hmm.. Probably.
I am sure there are some anime which wouldn't focus on romance all that much... But I need anime which your zero romance. Not sure if any anime genres fits that bill apart from the battle shonen anime

[quote="Claraviolet" pid='264032' dateline='1632022095']

Hmm.. Probably.
I am sure there are some anime which wouldn't focus on romance all that much... But I need anime which your zero romance. Not sure if any anime genres fits that bill apart from the battle shonen anime
[/quote]

I mean… there’s a lot of them out there that’s not battle anime.

[quote="Grungie" pid='264034' dateline='1632029709']

I mean… there’s a lot of them out there that’s not battle anime.
[/quote]

Hmm...I am kinda picky when it comes to anime.
I don't want romance and vulgar comedy(toilet jokes and such) ... Also,I don't want any damsel in distress situations and very weal female protagonists.. That's why I don't really pick anime from other genres. It might seem childish to be so picky, but if I am not enjoying it, then what's the point?

[quote="Claraviolet" pid='264036' dateline='1632030058']

Hmm...I am kinda picky when it comes to anime.
I don't want romance and vulgar comedy(toilet jokes and such) ... Also,I don't want any damsel in distress situations and very weal female protagonists.. That's why I don't really pick anime from other genres. It might seem childish to be so picky, but if I am not enjoying it, then what's the point?
[/quote]

Tbh when you’re always making threads complaining about battle anime not catering to your demographic (or just complaining about it in general), it comes off like you don’t enjoy it either.

When you’re always complaining about a genre, and someone suggests “watch something else” and your response is always “I refuse to watch anything else”, it’s kind of frustrating.

It comes off like you’re clearly not fond of the genre, but since you have an ignorance of other genres, and refuse to watch anything else, it’s like, why bother with the hobby then?

[quote="Grungie" pid='264039' dateline='1632030563']

Tbh when you’re always making threads complaining about battle anime not catering to your demographic (or just complaining about it in general), it comes off like you don’t enjoy it either.

When you’re always complaining about a genre, and someone suggests “watch something else” and your response is always “I refuse to watch anything else”, it’s kind of frustrating.

It comes off like you’re clearly not fond of the genre, but since you have an ignorance of other genres, and refuse to watch anything else, it’s like, why bother with the hobby then?
[/quote]

o_O i am not actually complaining there.
Just thinking why the female protagonists are usually ignored by mangaka. Let's see...Robin used to be very cool in One piece at the beginning but now, she doesn't have much power. Still, Zoro and Sanji who are supporting characters just like her got even more powerful...
Even Naruto too, not many female protagonists are strong from start to the end. I was just thinking loud. I don't want to watch anime where girls fight by pulling their hair and such... Because that's so... Ugh cliche...
I am sure most of the time, only other women like me, actually understand this feeling.
We are not actually complaining here but rather we were thinking how it could have been better...

[quote="Claraviolet" pid='264040' dateline='1632030904']

o_O i am not actually complaining there.
Just thinking why the female protagonists are usually ignored by mangaka. Let's see...Robin used to be very cool in One piece at the beginning but now, she doesn't have much power. Still, Zoro and Sanji who are supporting characters just like her got even more powerful...
Even Naruto too, not many female protagonists are strong from start to the end. I was just thinking loud. I don't want to watch anime where girls fight by pulling their hair and such... Because that's so... Ugh cliche...
I am sure most of the time, only other women like me, actually understand this feeling.
We are not actually complaining here but rather we were thinking how it could have been better...
[/quote]

That’s complaining. When you make several threads bringing up the negative aspects of something, that’s complaining. When you’re constantly making threads “wondering” why why a genre refuses to do this, this, or this, it looks like you’re obviously not satisfied with it.

Like I mentioned to you a thousand times when you make threads or posts on a near monthly basis, you’re watching a genre entirely targeted at a teenage male demographic, and you’re constantly making threads about it not catering to an adult woman.

Wouldn’t it be irritating to see an adult man constantly making threads complaining about how shojo romances don’t fulfill the entertainment of an adult man all the time, on top of the fact he also refuses to watch anything else? That’s literally what you do on a regular basis, but with the gender and anime demographic swapped around.

There are certain things that come with the territory of watching something outside your demographic, you either deal with it, or watch something else. I’ve seen plenty of women ignore the battle anime genre because of the same reasons you always make threads complaining over. They realized it doesn’t cater to them and they watch something else, not box themselves into it and constantly complain about it. There’s a reason why some shows like High School DxD have a predominantly male audience.

[quote="Grungie" pid='264042' dateline='1632032855']

That’s complaining. When you make several threads bringing up the negative aspects of something, that’s complaining. When you’re constantly making threads “wondering” why why a genre refuses to do this, this, or this, it looks like you’re obviously not satisfied with it.

Like I mentioned to you a thousand times when you make threads or posts on a near monthly basis, you’re watching a genre entirely targeted at a teenage male demographic, and you’re constantly making threads about it not catering to an adult woman.

Wouldn’t it be irritating to see an adult man constantly making threads complaining about how shojo romances don’t fulfill the entertainment of an adult man all the time, on top of the fact he also refuses to watch anything else? That’s literally what you do on a regular basis, but with the gender and anime demographic swapped around.

There are certain things that come with the territory of watching something outside your demographic, you either deal with it, or watch something else. I’ve seen plenty of women ignore the battle anime genre because of the same reasons you always make threads complaining over. They realized it doesn’t cater to them and they watch something else, not box themselves into it and constantly complain about it. There’s a reason why some shows like High School DxD have a predominantly male audience.
[/quote]

So I take it that if I were to say something can be done better.. Then that's complaining hmm... That's news to me.
There is a slight difference between an argument and a debate ya know. So i don't think what I am doing is ....not entirely complaining as I believe it's close to giving some constructive feedback.
Of course, it depends on the person, how they take it.. So .... Can't say much to that. I want to watch something like Seirei no moribito. Unfortunately, there aren't anime like that out there... So yeah..I am kinda venting that a little as well.
I tried various recommendations and done some research but so far, I haven't been able to find any anime that's similar to the anime, I mentioned above... But guess that's just my luck (_ _)/

[quote="Claraviolet" pid='264047' dateline='1632039386']

So I take it that if I were to say something can be done better.. Then that's complaining hmm... That's news to me.
There is a slight difference between an argument and a debate ya know. So i don't think what I am doing is ....not entirely complaining as I believe it's close to giving some constructive feedback.
Of course, it depends on the person, how they take it.. So .... Can't say much to that. I want to watch something like Seirei no moribito. Unfortunately, there aren't anime like that out there... So yeah..I am kinda venting that a little as well.
I tried various recommendations and done some research but so far, I haven't been able to find any anime that's similar to the anime, I mentioned above... But guess that's just my luck (_ _)/
[/quote]

Well it wasn’t like one or two threads. You could argue that it wasn’t complaining. It’s the constant threads, especially the near monthly threads over the lack of strong women in battle anime. It comes off that it must really bother you a lot if you’re always making threads on it.

[quote="Grungie" pid='264051' dateline='1632059127']

Well it wasn’t like one or two threads. You could argue that it wasn’t complaining. It’s the constant threads, especially the near monthly threads over the lack of strong women in battle anime. It comes off that it must really bother you a lot if you’re always making threads on it.
[/quote]

I haven't been posting much these days ;_;
Ok. Will keep that in mind. It's just that usually Rose, Angel, Mansi and other ladies in MAF agrees with me... So I kinda enjoy talking to them about it... Will try to post less from here on in (_ _)/

Back