Sword of the Stranger Anime Movie Discussion

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Or Stranger: Mukou Hadan.
So this was basically a mash up of Dororo and Seirei no Moribito, the prophecy aspect and the kid running away from an Empire from Moribito and an older man protecting the kid and him needing some kind of self-actualisation along the way from(and also having a connection to an Empire) Dororo.

Honestly, I didn't care much about the Empire aspect of the movie, probably would have been better as a series, this felt more like chess pieces they were aligning for the climax. This was primarily an action movie, and the action was easily the best part of it. All the sword fights were great, even the ones not including the protagonist. The last fight is probably a strong contender for best fight of all time, the animation and the energy was damn good and it was intense and bloody. The whole battle between the two armies was pretty cool as well.

[Image: OffbeatVariableAlbacoretuna.gif]

The kid was a bit obnoxious at the start but when he started becoming "nice" he was kinda bearable. The samurai was a badass but him saving the kid felt a bit hamfisted. The other characters were fine I guess but this was more a narrative driven story than a character driven one. The artwork was cool but the designs weren't anything special but the action animation was the best part of the movie. The score was cool and suited the time period. 
There's a dog in the movie as well.

Overall if you want a cool action anime with epic sword fights between Samurai then this is it for you. What's your favourite scene from the movie?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Image: giphy.gif]

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Blackangel
Yamainu

i think when that blond man killed the annoying old man
he was being too disrespectul and deserved the death he got

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-14-2019, 03:58 PM)Blackangel Wrote: i think when that blond man killed the annoying old man
he was being too disrespectul and deserved the death he got
Yeah we knew that was gonna happen but it still felt satisfying.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Blackangel
Yamainu

(10-14-2019, 04:00 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yeah we knew that was gonna happen but it still felt satisfying.
yes and i didn't think they could have the heart to hurt a little boy
that's insane

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-14-2019, 04:24 PM)Blackangel Wrote: yes and i didn't think they could have the heart to hurt a little boy
that's insane
Well that's the plot of the movie so that had to happen.

Blackangel
Yamainu

(10-14-2019, 04:46 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Well that's the plot of the movie so that had to happen.
i agree
attaining immortality is used very often and i didn't think people would use it even in here. i saw it in fullmetal alchemist

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-14-2019, 04:56 PM)Blackangel Wrote: i agree
attaining immortality is used very often and i didn't think people would use it even in here. i saw it in fullmetal alchemist
Naruto as well.

Silver_Fox
Evil pirates.

This movie is about action, and they do good job about it, the fight scenes are satisfying. But that's all, the story is not very exciting, i like the part where the local prefect trying to sabotage the Ming dynasty, that part should exploited more because i think.. that's the 'spicy' part of the movie

As for characters.. not very exciting, everyone seems generic, an impulsive brat, skillfull swordsman that made promise to not fight anymore, and a swordsman that only care about good fight

Well the fights are all cool but my favorite one is the first fight scene between bandit and Ming warrior

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 05:30 PM by Silver_Fox.)

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-14-2019, 05:29 PM)Silver_Fox Wrote: This movie is about action, and they do good job about it, the fight scenes are satisfying. But that's all, the story is not very exciting, i like the part where the local prefect trying to sabotage the Ming dynasty, that part should exploited more because i think.. that's the 'spicy' part of the movie

As for characters.. not very exciting, everyone seems generic, an impulsive brat, skillfull swordsman that made promise to not fight anymore, and a swordsman that only care about good fight

Well the fights are all cool but my favorite one is the first fight scene between bandit and Ming warrior
Yes I feel the same like I mentioned at the top except that I found the final one to be the best. Like I said this would have been better as maybe a 10 episode series than a movie if they wanted to explore the Empire aspect a bit more.

Silver_Fox
Evil pirates.

(10-14-2019, 05:37 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yes I feel the same like I mentioned at the top except that I found the final one to be the best. Like I said this would have been better as maybe a 10 episode series than a movie if they wanted to explore the Empire aspect a bit more.

Well maybe.. not enough duration to work on the story and characters, so you're right this one night be better as series

The last part really good actually, but i don't know why.. i feel like the fire already burn out after that blond swordsman killed that general with spear

(10-14-2019, 04:56 PM)Blackangel Wrote: i agree

And dragon ball too haha..

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 05:45 PM by Silver_Fox.)