Do you like Sasuke?

Cookie

I... didn't really like him.

Elvis
Gotei

I don't hate him, although he is not one of my favorite characters either. He had his reasons for doing what he did, although he could have chosen different approaches to achieving his goals.

[Image: lNttqg.gif]
Blackangel
Yamainu

i like him.
he looks really good and he had been through a lot. i pity him a lot

Poseidon
Gotei

At this point everyone should know my answer haha..

The BlueFog
Arsudar

Interesting question. Personally I think Sasuke is like a teenager who does not know what to do for his own life.
He is like a white paper (I believe many people would disagree here XD). Being a "white paper" doesn't mean he's a "good guy", it means he is in a blank state. At the beginning, he could not decide his own path. His goal was decided by other people (like Itachi who made him walk vengeance path). 

Being a "white paper" means that he did not decide his own future. He does not have any clue what to do. Therefore people can easily "draw" anything they want on Sasuke's "white paper". Being a "white paper" also means Sasuke had lots of potential to grow, because he did not have any restriction. He could draw anything he wanted for his life, but he did not realize this. 

And so the reason why he is easily changed is simply because: he does not know what to do with his own life. For so long he has lived under the influence of the others. He struggles to find what is right, what is wrong, what is really good for him.
That's probably one of the reason why Sasuke has a rival-relationship with Naruto. Naruto used to be considered as an idiot, a big ZERO, yet this guy could still find his own path. While Sasuke - a "prodigy" as many people called him - does not know what to do with himself.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 04:49 PM by Arsudar.)

Not anyone can be a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.

Poseidon
Gotei

(08-11-2019, 04:48 PM)Arsudar Wrote: Interesting question. Personally I think Sasuke is like a teenager who does not know what to do for his own life.
He is like a white paper (I believe many people would disagree here XD). Being a "white paper" doesn't mean he's a "good guy", it means he is in a blank state. At the beginning, he could not decide his own path. His goal was decided by other people (like Itachi who made him walk vengeance path). 

Being a "white paper" means that he did not decide his own future. He does not have any clue what to do. Therefore people can easily "draw" anything they want on Sasuke's "white paper". Being a "white paper" also means Sasuke had lots of potential to grow, because he did not have any restriction. He could draw anything he wanted for his life, but he did not realize this. 

And so the reason why he is easily changed is simply because: he does not know what to do with his own life. For so long he has lived under the influence of the others. He struggles to find what is right, what is wrong, what is really good for him.
That's probably one of the reason why Sasuke has a rival-relationship with Naruto. Naruto used to be considered as an idiot, a big ZERO, yet this guy could still find his own path. While Sasuke - a "prodigy" as many people called him - does not know what to do with himself.

Sasuke is poorly written character. It's Kishimoto's fault, he's idea of his story is good but he's bad at making characters, especially then main three

The BlueFog
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(08-11-2019, 06:03 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Sasuke is poorly written character. It's Kishimoto's fault, he's idea of his story is good but he's bad at making characters, especially then main three
Well I completely disagree. Kishimoto was always great at creating characters who you could empathise and root for and I think he truly really shits the bed when the whole war arc began.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Poseidon
Gotei

(08-11-2019, 06:24 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Well I completely disagree. Kishimoto was always great at creating characters who you could empathise and root for and I think he truly really shits the bed when the whole war arc began.

Hm.. i think Sasuke ruined Naruto and Sakura. Without Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura is decent character, their involvement with Sasuke makes them looks silly and annoying. Kishimoto forcing connection between them and Sasuke and those connection is weak and questionable

The BlueFog
Blackangel
Yamainu

(08-11-2019, 08:23 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Hm.. i think Sasuke ruined Naruto and Sakura. Without Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura is decent character, their involvement with Sasuke makes them looks silly and annoying. Kishimoto forcing connection between them and Sasuke and those connection is weak and questionable
wouldn't sakura's feelings matter?
main protagonist always gets the person who fell for but this is good.

Poseidon
Gotei

(08-12-2019, 01:35 PM)Blackangel Wrote: wouldn't sakura's feelings matter?
main protagonist always gets the person who fell for but this is good.

Sakura's feelings is doesn't make sense. Sasuke treat her like shit but she still love him like and idiot. I can understand if Sasuke treat her nicely with love and care but in this case Sakura love Sasuke based on his look, also he treat her like garbage, and get Sakura keep loving her like he's the best man on the world. Surely there is something wrong with Kishimoto's head

The BlueFog